Saturday, December 5, 2020

Fix Your Frozen Shoulder

Today, let’s talk about one of the many benefits Somatics Yoga offers - relief from frozen shoulders. This is one of the commonly known benefits. But what you may not know, if that it has an added benefit too… Stress relief. Let’s see how -

I had the opportunity to aid a client who came in complaining about frozen shoulders. After getting tired of frequent doctor visitations, orthopedic appointments, and 3 months of continuous medications for no avail, he wanted a solution that was simple, and effective.


After pinpointing the areas of problem, we began our sessions. Through a curated routine made especially for him, we had a breakthrough in just 3 sessions. Within 3 sessions, his body had started reattaining the old flexibility and movement. His hands could move in a way his younger self would be proud of. He has started breaking his shackles.


As the sessions continued, his body started to relax. In this state of a relaxed mind, we had our second breakthrough. He was finally finding freedom in his mental state too. Because as the shoulder pain subsided, his mind was free of the constant stress of the pain. And with mindfulness techniques, he was able to reach within and become his best self, physically and mentally.


I continue working with him, and I am glad that I have been there for his journey to self-fulfillment. Here are a few kind words from him -


“I am relaxed like never before. Due to the vanishing pain, my thought process has improved too. I have started working regularly once again, and this time with confidence due to the flexibility of my body. I will continue Somatics till Ms. Hina Sampat feels it works for me. I feel like a newborn baby!” - Ashok Shah.


Watch him in one of his sessions below - 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 Are you listening to your bodies voice? Life often makes us put our pain aside in order to push ourselves forward.  We are too busy to stop...