Monday, March 20, 2023

 The love effect of somatics


As I healed my body my depression lifted and my confidence increased. 

 

Looking back it felt like depression specifically of the body, loss of love for a body that had carried me all my life, the disengagement with my body, halted my ability to connect with it. 


The lack of love kept me in a perpetual loop of pain. Which in turn kept me depressed. 


Somatic movement is movement in love 


As you activate love, you release a hormone called oxytocin, a neuro inhibiting neurotransmitter, which is shown to reduce pain.

When you move your mind into a space of love, and release oxytocin, when you move your body with love you move softer, kinder, and connect deeper, you learn to fall in love with your body maybe for the first time ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 Are you listening to your bodies voice? Life often makes us put our pain aside in order to push ourselves forward.  We are too busy to stop...